Friday, November 12, 2010

When I Was Your Age...

This is to all the 20-somethings out there...I've become what I said I would not...one of "those" grown-ups.

It's called common courtesy. And, it seems as though it has left the building for good. Something so simple as a "thank you." Not a tough thing to do or much to ask.

Sometimes I run across a young person's profile that displays some of their artwork, has an interesting viewpoint or is simply pleasant. I do what can to support and be nice...usually with an email that expresses my like for whatever they've done or said. Usually the email is followed by...nothing. Not even a simple "thank you," "thanks," "I appreciate that" or anything else showing any sort of gratitude.

I'm not upset that I'm not getting the gratitude. That's not why I sent the message. I'm upset that there was no motivation on their part to SEND a thank you message in return. Lazy kids. Have you seen these kids text? They can type!!! If anyone sends you a message showing support. Take the three seconds to hit reply, type "thank you" and hit the send button.

Thank you for reading my post!

See?! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment