Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Losing Track...

It's interesting to me how I can lose track of some friends and it's ok...in the "no worries, we'll talk again" kind of way. Other times you realize that you've lost track of someone and kind of work to hunt them down...because you REALLY don't want to lose them for an extended amount of time.

This poor guy must think that I'm a nutcase.

So, yesterday I sign on and realize that I don't see my friend on the website that we both use. Thinking that the website's crappy update may have made him crazy I go on about my business. Then I start wondering if he left for good! I check my emails from him and they are gone, his postings are gone and I sort of panic a little. His number was in one of those emails and I have no other way to contact him. Now, we don't email on a steady basis...summers are nuts for both of us. He has his son, my partner and I have the boat and boating friends. That website certainly takes a backseat for both of us from June to September. But, we chat quite a bit the rest of the year and have had some great conversations. Our communications are just something that are not worth losing...even if they are sporadic.

I have learned a valuable lesson...I WILL save his contact information somewhere safer than that crappy site's email folder! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment